Sunday, November 22, 2015

Pirates Of The Caribbean Ride

I was able to ride a lot of rides at Disney World, but not all of them. I will put my reason for the ones I did not and will have a guest blogger for those or will post information about them. 

Now for Pirates Of The Caribbean... 

We hurried to the ride (we got in early with Extra Magic Hours), the line was pretty short. We walked through a set of arches into a hallway with lanterns. I started seeing pirate things like a sail and a crow's nest. Next the hallway got darker and I saw a cannon!! I kept following the hallway and got to the area where the boats are. We got on our boat and we were on our way. It was dark and I saw 4 lights and lightning. I saw a waterfall with a pirate's face in it and it was talking. It was spooky and we went right through it! I saw a pirate with a torch. I saw a cave with pirate skeletons in it and another area with big crabs! I saw a skeleton holding a  sword and I heard a pirate voice that said "Dead Men Tell No Tales". I saw a pirate ship and a lot of different pirates, including Captain Jack Sparrow. There was a pirate town and we went under a bridge that had a pirate sitting on it. The dog with jail keys was there, just like in the movie. The pirates even sing "Yo Ho, Yo Ho A Pirate's Life For Me". note: there is a small drop during this ride, it's not scary but my parents who were in the front got a little water on them. 




When you exit the ride you go through a Pirate store.There are pirate accessories such as swords, eye patches, hooks, even Jake and the Neverland Pirate's stuffed dolls. 

My brother went to the Pirate's League. He got a cool pirate makeover. He took a pirate's oath and everything. He looked so awesome! 

Afterwards we got to see Captain Jack Sparrow!!!


**Note From Mom: This ride is a dark ride, it is not too loud, but the voices may scare some. If your child is sensitive, maybe just bring along a pair of headphones to lessen the sound. The drop is unexpected, but subtle, we rode in the very front and got a small splash. Disney has been working to fix that, not sure what they have done, but even if the boat takes on a little bit of water, it is not very much. We took our 13 month old on this ride and had no problems. 
The Pirates League is awesome! I recommend it for makeovers. Please book in advance. We booked 6 months in advance to guarantee his spot. We didn't pay anything at the time of booking, just know that you have a specific time to cancel by or they will charge you a small fee. My son had a great time! They have pirate and mermaid makeovers. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/magic-kingdom/pirates-league/**



  


No comments:

Post a Comment