Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Magic Kingdom (the fun place)

We woke up between 6 am and 7 am. I felt very excited, because we were going to the MAGIC KINGDOM!! We all got dressed, it was a little bit chilly outside. We walked to the bus stop and waited for the Magic Kingdom bus. I felt like there were butterflies in my tummy when the bus got there. We got on and we were on our way. When we got to there, we got off the bus and I wanted to start running to the entrance. We walked in and I saw a beautiful train station. 
Magic Kingdom train station at night.


We walked through and then we were on Main Street, USA.
Then I spotted it, Cinderella Castle. It looked so real! It was magical! It was more beautiful than I expected.


As soon as we were inside, I just had to get an autograph book because I left mine at home. I also got Mickey sorcerer ears and autograph pen. We went to guest relations at city hall and got my Disability Access Service card. They took my picture and gave me a little book. (This helped me because it is hard for me to stand in line for a long time with so many people around, I get scared. Noise is bad for me also, I get headaches and my ears start to hurt. I took my card to a ride entrance and they wrote in a time for me to come back so I wouldn't have to wait. It's like a Fast Pass. We used our Fast Passes first, though.) We passed by the Main Street Theater. 

We passed the bakery that smelled like fresh chocolate chip cookies. We wanted to stop, but we were in a hurry to get to our first ride, Pirates of the Caribbean. We went to Adventureland and found the Pirates ride. My next blog will be about Pirates of the Caribbean and how cool my brother's pirate makeover was. See ya next time.

**note from mom: Be sure before your trip to download the My Disney Experience app. You can use it to make Fastpass+ reservations, check wait times, view dining information, show your reservations, use PhotoPass to find photographers or link photos, view park hours and buy tickets. It is an amazing wealth of information and comes in very handy in the parks. 
The Disability Service Access Card is great for kiddos with Autism, it cuts down the line wait by allowing you to return at a later time. You enter through the FastPass line, so there can be a short wait, but it is reduced. This way, you can keep your kiddos active and interested by visiting other areas in the meantime. As a mom with 2 children on the Autism spectrum I implore everyone not abuse this system. Previously Disney had a different disability policy and the system was abused by those who did not have disabilities. This system was designed to give people with a cognitive disability the most magical experience possible. Let's keep it that way.**





No comments:

Post a Comment